Friday, March 4, 2011

Words.To.Live.By

I'm not sure if I have blogged about this quote before, & if I have - I apologize.  I stumbled upon it a little over a year ago..& it has pretty much become my "life quote"...meaning, I took the time to write it down on a small card & tucked it into my wallet.  If you know me, you know how cluttered my wallet & purses are, so you need to understand that though it's been in my wallet for a little over a year, I've only seen it a couple of times.  While I don't know if this will ring true for everyone, I know it does for me.  Everytime I find myself in a situation with a male..where my needs aren't being met, or I'm convincing myself to stay in the relationship - I read this quote to realign me.  Granted this isn't happening on a monthly basis, but I think it's important to have words or a picture or something solid that can snap you out of a funk, realign your center - pull you back in from the stratosphere.  (My amazing girlfriends also do this - but sometimes I can't bother them at 4 in the morning when I decide to have a meltdown). Without futher ado, my quote (for male related instances):

"If he were the right guy for you, there would be nothing in this earth keeping him from you.  None of this 'not-over-his-ex' shit, none of this 'not-ready-for-committment' crap, no excuses, equivocation, or hemming&hawing.  He would be there, & present, & totally excited about it. Don't waste your time if they're not"
                                                           -Siobhan O'Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...