Friday, December 24, 2010

Cranberries, cranberries, cranberries!

I am not a baker.  In fact, I hate baking anything other than cupcakes....& these cranberry muffins.  Mainly because they're so easy & delicious.  Every Thanksgiving & Christmas I make these for my family in NY, & take some back to Boston & throw them in my freezer.  Pop one in the microwave for 20 seconds & it gives me a little taste of home :) Enjoy!


Cranberry Muffins / Cake
Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 c sugar
3/4 c softened butter
1 tsp almond extract
2 c flour
2 1/2 c fresh or frozen cranberries ( I prefer one bag of Ocean Spray fresh cranberries!)

Preparation:
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until slightly thickened & light in color (~5 minutes)
- Add in butter & almond extract, beat for 2 minutes..
- Stir in flour until combined
- Fold in cranberries
- Drop batter into greased muffin lid pan (**batter does not rise too much, so fill muffin cups / muffin lid pan / bread pan generously!**)
- Bake at 350 degrees for ~20 minutes (muffin lid pan) 45-50 minutes in a baking pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...