Friday, August 26, 2011

Product Review

I always trust the opinions of those whose blogs I read on a daily basis when it comes to products. It's easier for me to invest in a product (typically pricey) when someone gives it a rave review - rather than some sales associate trying to get me out of the store spending $300. Some products are pricey, others aren't..but I will tell you these are the things I currently cannot live without. Also - I tried to link the products to the cheapest site I could find them on, I don't want to rip off my readers :)

Dry Shampoo. I have very very oily hair. If I wash my hair at 7am for the day, it will look pretty horrible (& flat) by 9pm - which means I'm typically not looking too great if I go out after work. Reagan my stylist recommended shampooing my hair less (not possible) & investing in a few products that will combat the grease.  DO NOT waste your money on any of the dry shampoos sold at Sephora.  To be honest, none of them really worked on my hair, it would just look matted & caked with goop/dust.  Psssssst! (did I get the number of s's right?) on the other hand works, & works well.  I keep a can in my gym bag, in my bathroom, & in my purse (hallelujah it's sold in travel size!) Have I mentioned a full size can is only $7? Buy both sizes {here}!
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.  Again, another recommendation from Reagan.  You've probably already scanned this paragraph, saw the price, & think I'm crazy - I promise I'm not!  If you're not ready to commit to a $40 bottle of dry texturizing spray, I completely understand.  The only reason why I bought this is because Reagan let me try it out for myself at the salon. Oribe Dry Texturizing spray is like spraying clean dirt into your hair.  Lift hair, spray at roots & it will instantly provide texture & lift to your hair.  Remember how I said it's like clean dirt? Well that's because it also acts like a dry shampoo. I blowdry my hair, spray a little at the roots to give it that messy voluminous look & throughout the day the "clean dirt" soaks up the oil in my hair. As mentioned above, my hair gets greasy after 12 hrs. With Oribe in my hair, it isn't looking greasy after 24 hours. For a product to work this many wonders on my difficult hair, I HAVE to give it a 5 star rating, price & all.  Luckily Oribe makes a travel size can (which can also be found at Barney's) so if you're not ready to pull the trigger on the bigboy, get the smaller can. I promise {this stuff} will win you over :) (Amazon also sells the larger bottle a little cheaper (here)
Stay up late all the time & frequently blessed with dark circles? Join the club.  Smashbox's Photo Op Under Eye Brightener adds just the right amount of highlighter and moisture prepping the skin for concealer application.  Also boasts lots of skin health boosting ingredients like vitamin E & marine collagen to disguise & repair lines & wrinkles. The tube looks fairly small, but I've had mine for over 18mos & my supply isn't getting remotely low.  Little goes a long way, & for {$18} that's a steal!

I don't spray tan. I end up screwing it up, get weird blotches, look ridiculous - just can't do it.  I also don't believe in fake n' baking anymore.  At one point I became jaded by the anti-tanning advertisements & warnings because they were everywhere - but in all honesty, it really is THAT bad for you.  I don't want skin cancer at 30 yrs old, & neither should you.  Alright, onto happier topics - TanTowels! My girlfriends laugh at me when I pull these out of my makeup bags & start rubbing every square inch of my body with a tiny little towel, but A. they work incredibly well B. there is no messy bottle to travel with C. I'll have a nice glowing radiant tan for a week. Laugh all you want bitches. Many beauty supply stores sell individual towelettes if you have committment problems & can't buy a box.  Don't buy a box in the store, they're so expensive! Buy {here} & all of us healthy tan people can unite!
I talked alot about Reagan didn't I? She's pretty genius.  You should probably just visit her blog {here}.
**These reviews are my own personal opinions - I did not receive any incentive or compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...