Monday, September 21, 2009

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace, as I have seen in one autumnal face. - John Donne

The first glimpse of fall foliage brings one thing to mind:

Pumpkin!

Pumpkin lattés, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes!

I will almost immediately trek over to Starbucks for a warm Pumpkin Spice latté.
The only setback?  Five bucks!

I managed to find an easy recipe for a surprisingly better-tasting version of my favorite fall beverage.

Not only can I make them in the comfort of my own home, but I also save myself $25 bucks a week!
( I know what you're thinking...I drink aaaLOT of pumpkin lattés a week. )  & I'll be the first to admit it - I can't get enough of them!

Pumpkin Spice Latte

1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/2 cup of your favorite coffee
*cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling over the top

In a saucepan, heat milk and pumpkin until steaming, or even easier–mix the milk and pumpkin in a 2 cup measuring cup and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.

Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.

Pour the milk mixture in a blender, and blend 20 seconds until it's all foamy and pretty.

Pour into your favorite mug, then add coffee.

Add splenda to taste, if you like (and I do!).

A sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice over the top, and drink up!
 
 
Nothing sounds better than a warm pumpkin muffin to go with this.  I'll be experimenting with recipes for those - & will post here as soon as I find a recipe worthy!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...